WHO IS IT FOR?
New entrants to the sector without a previous award/qualification conferring full or partial exemption.
Minimum age 18.
Learners must be able to communicate in English (oral and written). Learners should as a minimum have English language skills equivalent to:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
To achieve the qualification, the learner must achieve all of the following four units:
• Working within the Private Security Industry (K/616/0273)
• Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry (J/616/0944)
• Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry (Y/506/7125)
• Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry (Y/616/0978)
Assessment is by multiple choice examination and practical demonstration.