WHO IS IT FOR?
This qualification provides the basic knowledge needed to start a career as a Taxi/Private Hire Driver, that is, providing a personal road transport service and ensuring the customer is transported safely and smoothly between origin and destination.
Minimum age 18.
Learners must be able to communicate in English (oral and written). Learners should as a minimum have English language skills equivalent to:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver, learners must achieve 15 credits from the 9 mandatory units.
• Unit 201 Health and safety in the taxi and private hire work environment
• Unit 202 Road safety when driving passengers in a taxi or private hire vehicle
• Unit 203 Professional customer service in the taxi and private hire industry
• Unit 204 Taxi and private hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
• Unit 205 The regulatory framework of the taxi and private hire industry
• Unit 206 Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance
• Unit 207 Routes and fares in the taxi and private hire vehicle industries
• Unit 208 Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items in the taxi and private hire industries
• Unit 209 Transporting of children and young persons by taxi or private hire vehicle
Assessment is by online multiple choice examination per module.