WHO IS IT FOR?
If you want to become a licensed private hire driver in London you must complete a topographical assessment. The assessment is held in TfL-approved centres and is conducted under exam conditions by TfL assessors.
Minimum age 21.
Learners must be able to communicate in English (oral and written). Learners should as a minimum have English language skills equivalent to:
• a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
• an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
• an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
• Functional Skills Level 1 in English
• SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Level 5
• Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
To complete this training the learner will be provided with all the required materials including map books and have hands-on training with our qualified tutors, covering all aspects of the TFL examination.
Mock assessments will be provided for the learner to practice their skills before undergoing their scheduled examinations.